Who doesn’t love an award?!?!? I know I do! 🙂
Thank you to While He Was Out and a pinch of salt for the nomination. It is definitely a great feeling to know people out there are reading and enjoying. Now this sort of reminds me a chain letter, but still fun. A little about the award…
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It’s basically a great way to share the little-known blogs that you enjoy. Liebster is German (or so I’m told) and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing…
Rules of the Liebster Award
Nominees of the Liebster Award must…
1. Post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger/nominator has posted for them.
3. Create 11 questions and choose (nominate) 11 blogs of 200 followers or less and link them in the post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
My Answers to While He Was Out:
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
I had a few sources of inspiration, but mostly since my husband was away I wanted to share my food. Cooking for one is not fun, and this is like cooking for many. Plus I wanted an outlet to write that was not academic in nature.
2. Do you have an all time favorite book, which one?
A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemmingway – it has been said if you haven’t been to Paris you just won’t get it and I completely agree, the beauty and self-indulgence of the story will be lost on you.
3. If you could meet someone famous, who would it be?
Dead or alive? Dead always seems more interesting – since I have been in a foodie state of mind I will say Julia Child.
4. What was the most scary thing you did in your life?
Some weeks get married.
5. What did you want to be when you were little?
6. Which is your favorite movie?
7. If your life was a book, what would be the title?
Tales of a Stunned Adulthood: A Memoir of a Grad Student
8. What one happy memory do you have always coming to mind?
Sitting in B&B with BFF K. drinking wine while solving life’s problems. It is my mental happy place.
9. What is the most extreme/interesting/terrifying thing on your bucket list (if you have any)?
Sky driving – I don’t even like heights but want to do this.
10. If you had to leave this planet and could take only 1 item with you, what would it be?
Person – my husband but item – my teddy (yes I am an adult). T. would argue I would just take Teddy.
11. If you win some millions in lottery, what would be the first thing you do?
Bride my supervisor to finish my PhD – if that fails an extend trip through Italy learning all I ever needed to know about cooking, wine, and life.
My nominees are:
My 11 Questions:
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- Dog person or cat person?
- Favorite place you’ve visited?
- What do you consider your greatest accomplishment?
- Best book you’ve read in the past year?
- What is your favorite season?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is your real favorite movie? The one you don’t want to admit
- Who is the most interesting person you have ever met?
- What is your go-to comfort food?
- What is your deepest fear?