Here is a quick little post to help brighten your hump day.. I’m probably an anomaly in the fact that I do not like banana bread. Not really sure why, I’ve tried it numerous times, from a variety of places, and I just do not like banana bread. On the other hand T. loves banana bread, so I have no problem making him this treat because I won’t be tempted to indulge. I’ve made several recipes and this simple one is by far the best. I sweeten up the average by adding chocolate chips. This recipe almost gets better with time. As I’ve said I’m not a baker so I won’t comment on the science of it, but T. says it gets moister (is that a real word?? yikes) as the days go on.
This takes maybe 10 mins to mix together, and you only use one bowl, so the “I’m too busy”‘ excuse can not apply to this one. I hope you enjoy this quick treat 🙂
- Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly grease a loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together 1/2 cup room temperature butter and 1 cup white sugar.
- Add 2 eggs; beat well. Stir in 2-3 bananas, 2 cups flour and 1 tsp baking soda until blended. Fold in 1 cup of milk chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325F for 60 – 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.