Yesterday I fought to the urge to give into a hot dog dinner at the football game and made a quick healthier dinner at home. I decided to try a recipe from the August edition of delicious magazine I had been wanting to try – Italian pork chop tagliatelle. The weeknight night dinner features in the magizine are generally my favorite! They feature great recipes that generally require few ingredients, can be prepared in about 30 minutes, and will help anyone break out of their weekday chicken rut.
This was easy, tasty, and quick! Even T. who is a huge fan of football hot dogs said he was glad we ate at home and asked if I was going to blog about it… So it must have been good 😉 Keeping this brief so I can go back to enjoying the sunshine and getting ready for an early 1st anniversary dinner later on, I thought I’d quickly share for those of you looking for an easy meal tonight.
Sorry for the lack of photos my Mom called as I started to cook…
Adapted from ‘Italian pork chop tagliatelle’ delicious August 2013.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Heat 1 tbsp on oil in fry pan. Season pork chop with salt and pepper and sear on all sides. Place pork chop in the oven to finish cooking. Note: I got a thicker piece from my butcher, but 2 smaller chops for 2 people would be fine.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to the fry pan and sauté 2 garlic chops finely chopped. Once garlic is fragrant add 3 anchovy fillets stirring with the garlic to break down. Add 2 tbsp of chick stock and set aside. Note: To make this healthier I used yoke-free egg pasta that I got at my local Italian market.
- Boil salted water add 150g tagliatelle. Cook according to package. In the meantime slice about 150 g of broccolini into thirds. Add to boiling water about 2 minutes before the pasta is done.
- Add the cooked pasta, broccolini, and 1 tbsp of pasta water to garlic and anchovy pan.
- Slice the pork, add to the mixture and return to low heat. Toss everything with the juice of half a lemon, and zest. Top with parmesan cheese and serve.
Since it is the long weekend here in Canada I will leave you with a link to some great menu ideas for a Backyard BBQ party.
Happy August Long Canadian Friends 🙂